Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Echo Crew

Last week I decided to go out from start to finish on a frac job. I met up with Echo crew on Wednesday morning. Luckily they had a late start, so I didn't have to get there until the leisurely hour of 4:00am. (They normally meet at 2:00 or 3:00am to drive out to location). Watching them "rig-up" the equipment was intriguing. They have a small cleared out area around the well head in which they have to position ten 18 wheelers and several other large trailers. The equipment all has to be lined up in precisely the right position, because when doing the frac job, they actually hook all of the trucks together via large iron tubes. For more information on fracturing, go here: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing).

Sunrise on the way to the job.

My first time inside an 18-Wheeler.

Rigging up the iron.

The hazing must be over...they gave me hearing protection this time.

T-Rex scavenging for food.

No comments: